Two principles underlie dehumidification, namely adsorption and condensation. These principles are applied in different circumstances and have varying levels of efficiency and price depending on the task in hand.
Cooling (condensation) dehumidification is an extremely simple and efficient method of removing (relatively) large quantities of moisture quickly and economically. The limits of moisture removal by this technology are restricted to when ice begins to form on the cooling coils, at which point conditions can be rapidly lost, the system becomes inefficient and requires energy to defrost.
Working in conjunction with desiccant dehumidification (chemical), the relative performances of each technology can be used to efficiently and economically remove moisture to very low levels by using the technologies for what they individually best at.
The HB Group can provide machinery to utilise these efficiencies in conjunction with each other and to incorporate any other complements required to meet a particular requirement.
Once the initial moisture is removed using the cooling medium, further moisture can be taken out through a desiccant dehumidifier, either as a stand-alone installation or as part of a bespoke machine.
Using desiccant dehumidifiers in this way can achieve:
- Deep drying (low dewpoints to –60oC and below)
- Efficiency at low temperatures and low humidities
- A machine of simple design & construction
- Very high operational reliability
- Scalability to any application
The HB Group constantly strives to improve its products, driven by our technical competence. Our drying systems are engineered to condition the air exactly to our customer’s requirements, using adsorption, cooling and heating as necessary.
Some applications of adsorption dehumidfication systems include:
- Desiccant dehumidification in Pharmaceutical Production
- Confectionery and Food Manufacturing
- Cold Storage Facilities
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Archive Stores
- Desiccant dehumidifiers for Water works
- Power stations
- Desiccant dehumidifiers for Ice Rinks and Sports Arenas
- Process drying for hygroscopic materials
- Drainage after flood damage
- Prevention of condensation on cold surfaces
- Protection of laid up vessels
The HB group can install and manage all industrial and commercial dehumidifier requirements